Shoe sizes may vary by brand, therefore it's best to select size based on the actual length of your foot in inches or cm.
When measuring your shoe size at home, you’ll need the following items:
- A piece of paper larger than your foot
- Writing utensil
1. Put the paper on the floor with one end against a wall. It’s important that it doesn’t slip so that you’re able to get the proper measurement.
2. Plant one foot on the paper with your heel against the wall.
3. Trace the outline of your foot. It’s easiest to have someone help you with this step.
4. Using your ruler, measure the longest and widest parts of your outline.
Keep in mind that if you’re purchasing a shoe for a child, it may be helpful to buy a larger size to allow them room to grow.